I’ve been so lucky to be called “The Queen of Indie Film” and “A Powerful Woman” by the Indy Star. The Writer’s Page called me one of the “most talented writers around today”. I’m a podcaster, author and recovering filmmaker.
You can hear the velvet sounds on my voice on Gal’s Guide to the Galaxy Podcast (where I use my real name of Dr Leah Leach, oh snap!) For years I did the show Kate’s Take where I talked about the messages in movies. Your Gal Friday. was a labor of love and thesis statement of amazing women of history, I did that wonderful show with Phebe Frear. I did regular appearances on Electric Steams, and have been on A Bit of Geek and Nerdery, Geek or Die, and Best Ever You.
I am the author of The Belief Test: Questions to Ask Yourself on the Journey of Life a wonderful book of questions that works as a guide for this crazy life of constant self-discovery. I wrote The Celebration Diet, a list book of the various ways to celebrate that doesn’t center around a big meal. The only fiction novel I have to date is Mythic Waters: Shoki’s Bag it’s the story about carrying around your own mental baggage and how much harm it does to you and the ones around you. I had hoped to make it into a film but it didn’t work out.
My film projects have appeared on MTV, VH1, Discovery Channel, in film festivals, and at conventions. I’ve made 18 films projects of various lengths since 2005. I’ve won awards in Indiana and Hollywood. In 2016 I retired from filmmaking to focus on podcasting and my non-profit Gal’s Guide to the Galaxy.
My day job is as an Executive Director of Gal’s Guide to the Galaxy, We are a 501(c)3 that provides multimedia resources and education about amazing women of history. We’re working on building the first independent women’s history library in the United States.
Connect With Me
Buy My Stuff
Dig what I do? Visit the Karmic Courage Production’s Shop and buy DVD’s and Book’s that I’ve written/directed/produced.
- Best Family Podcast – Indy PopCon 2017 – Your Gal Friday
- Best Audio & Sound Quality – IndyPodcast Awards 2016 – Kate’s Take
- Most Entertaining – IndyPodcast Awards 2016 – Kate’s Take
- Audience Choice – Alhambra Theater Film Festival 2016 – Wig’d Out
- Best Actress – Alhambra Theater Film Festival 2016 – Wig’d Out
- Best Actress – May Day Film Festival 2016 – Wig’d Out
- Most Entertaining – IndyPodcast Awards 2015 – Kate’s Take
- Rookie of the Year – Indy Podcast Awards 2015 – Kate’s Take
- Geek Event Coverage – IndyPodcast Awards 2015 – Kate’s Take
- Best Short Film Non-genre – Imaginarium Convention 2015 – Leah Not Leia
- 2nd Place Audience Choice – Polk Street Film Festival 2014 – Laundry Day
- 3rd Place Audience Choice – Polk Street Film Festival 2014 – Home Security
- Best Ever You Oscar – Best Ever You Radio Network 2013 – Ingenue
- Audience Choice – River Bend Film Festival 2012 – Leah Not Leia
- Best Comedy – Frog Baby Film Festival 2013 – Shellnapped
- Silver Award for Defying Sterotypes – Gold Award Film Festival 2009 – First They Came for…
- Audience Choice – INDY Awards 2008 – First They Came for…
- Semi-finalist – PAGE International Screenwriting Awards 2006 – My Apologies to Mr. Wells
- Semi-finalist – Star Cinema’s Video Contest 1995 – You’re So Cool